Domestic electric circuit
Image credit :- BYJU’S
When we are going to design an electric circuit, we should always consider whether a series circuit or parallel circuit is better for use.
For eg. Let’s take situation of diwali or marriage functions, we all decorate our house, offices with lights and bulbs. Then series circuit is a good option for this circuit, because through it we can controll all the bulbs, lights with a single switch this is easy way to manage.
But there is a problem in this series lighting circuit.
Suppose that one of your bulb get fused, then the circuit breaks due to this all the lights and bulbs turned off.
A single bulb or single light can destroy your hardwork and look of the building.
And it will take lot to time to find the fused bulb or light in the entire circuit.
Series circuit is not good for managing many devices. Series circuit works good if you manage only few number of devices.
The parallel electric circuit is best for connecting large number of bulbs or any electrical appliances in a house or anywhere because in parallel electric circuit we have separate switches for separate electrical appliances and hence we can manage them properly
Lets discuss about disadvantages of the series circuit for domestic purposes and then advantages of parallel electric circuit for domestic purposes.
Disadvantages of series circuit for
Here are some disadvantages of series circuit for domestic wiring.
• We know that, in series circuit if one of any appliance stops working due to some defect in it then all the appliances automatically turns off because the whole circuit is broken.
• In the series circuit we only have one switch to control whole devices, due to it we can’t turn off devices separately according to our need.
• In series circuit appliances get less voltage due to which they cant work properly.
• In the series circuit the overall resistance of the circuit increases to much due to which the current from the power supply is low.
Advantages of parallel circuits in
Here are some advantages of parallel circuits in domestic wiring.
• We know that, in parallel circuit if one of any appliance stops working due to some defect in it then all the appliances keeps working because the whole circuit is not broken.
• In the parallel circuit we have one switch for every one device, due to it we can turn off devices separately according to our need.
• In parallel circuit appliances get equal voltage due to which they can work properly.
• In the parallel circuit the overall resistance of the circuit reduced to much due to which the current from the power supply is high.
Here are some frequently asked questions.
1. Are the lights in your house wired in series
No, the wired in our house is not connected in series. It’s connected in parallel.
2. What happens to the other bulbs in series if one bulb blows off ?
All other bulbs stops glowing because the circuit breaks.
3. What happens to the other bulbs in parallel if one bulb blows off ?
All other bulbs keeps glowing because the circuit is not breaked.