Uses of the concave mirror
Concave mirrors are the spherical mirror, whose reflecting surface is just like a cave or which reflecting surface is bent inwards.
Uses of the concave mirror in daily life
Here are some uses of a concave mirror.
• Used to magnify objects
• Makeup mirror
• In room heaters
• Dentist’s mirror
• Used as concave a reflector in lights
• Doctor’s head mirror
• Metal dish of dish antenna
Uses of concave mirror explained
1. Used as shaving mirrors or makeup mirror
Concave mirrors are used by peoples as their shaving or makeup mirror. To see large images of the face. The large image is formed in the mirror, if our face is held within the focus of the concave mirror.
2. Used as a dentist’s mirror
A concave mirror is used by dentists to observe the large images of the teeth of the patient. This helps dentists to locate problem easily in the tooth.
3. Used as the reflector in lights
Concave mirrors are used as reflectors in headlight of vehicles, searchlights, and torches because this mirror helps to get powerful beams of lights. Due, to which we can see enough distance easily in the darkness.
4. In room heaters
Concave mirrors are used in heaters, the concave shaped reflectors, direct heat rays into the whole room.
5. Doctor’s head mirror
Concave mirrors are used as a doctor’s head mirror to focus light coming from the lamp to the body part of the patient, which is going to be examined by the doctor.
6. Metal dish of antenna
Concave dishes are used in the antennas to receive TV signals from the distant communications satellites.
7. In the field of solar energy
Large concave mirrors are used in the field of solar energy to focus the sun’s rays for heating solar furnaces.
Concave mirrors are those spherical mirrors whose reflecting surface points towards the center of the surface.
The inner shining surface of the spoon is an example of a concave mirror.
• The focus of the concave mirror is real, or we can say that a concave mirror has a real focus. The focus of the concave mirror is in the front of the mirror.
• Mainly concave mirror forms real and inverted images. [ real images are those images which can be obtained on screen ].
But, when the object is placed between the pole and the focus it forms the virtual and erect image. [ virtual images are those images that can’t be obtained on screen ].
Here are some frequently asked questions regarding the uses of a concave mirror is daily life.
1. What are the uses of a concave mirror in daily life?
There are many uses of a concave lens in our day to day life. We use a concave mirror as a shaving or makeup mirror, dentists use it to observe teeth properly, concave reflectors are used in headlights, torches, etc. There are many more uses of a concave mirror.
2. What is a concave mirror?
A concave mirror is a spherical mirror which has an inward reflecting surface.
3. Which spherical mirror is known as a converging mirror?
A concave mirror is the spherical mirror which is known as the converging mirror because it converges the light.
4. Mention the uses of a concave mirror with reasons?
I already mentioned the answer if this question above.
5. What are the applications of a concave mirror in our daily life?
Concave mirrors play an important role in our daily life, such as concave mirror and reflectors are used in telescopes, heaters, torches, etc.